Lightswitch Tiff viewer

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I'm testing Document Toolkit Extension for Lightswitch to display tiff files stored in a database.
I notice that the image quality in the viewer is quite poor compared to the original files. Tried also loading files directly from disk to be sure I compare the same files, but it's the same difference.
Is image trottling set as default for this extension and is it possible to turn it off/change values? Hope you have some code examples for this.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Hi Peter,

Images are resized to max 1024x1024. There's currently no option to change this setting in the LightSwitch extension. This is a known limitation that will be lifted in an upcoming update.

Koen

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Edited Jul 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Hi Peter,

The latest Document Toolkit for LightSwitch update (June 2012 Update, v1.7) released on June 26, 2012 has a new ImageQuality property. The ImageQuality defines the render quality for images and you want to set its value to high for large images (such as TIFF). The default value for ImageQuality is medium, which implies that images are sized to a maximum of 1024x1024. 

The latest Document Toolkit for LightSwitch update is available in the Visual Studio gallery.

- Koen

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Thanks!
Setting ImageQuality to high works like a charm.
Also great that the freeze bug in 2012 Cosmo and 2011 Metro themes is fixed.

Peter