Image rendering

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi Koen,

I'm working on a document management system which stores scanned document images.  These are of variable quality and it might be useful for users to be able to alter brightness and contrast values to make the documents more legible.

In principle, is it possible to obtain and manipulate an image being rendered by document toolkit? 

Regards,

Phil

PS Thanks for a great product & support - we've just purchased an enterprise licence.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi Phil,

Yes, in principle that should be possible. Document Toolkit doesn't have this functionality built in, but with access to the raw image streams, you should be able to create an image designer that manipulates images.

Access to the image streams is possible using a custom package reader. My approach would be to create a behavior for each image, that with access to the package reader has all the required info to perform image manipulation.

Does this make sense?

- Koen

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Hi Koen,

Yes - that does make sense.  I was confident that you would have provided a way to access the image streams, but wasn't sure where to do so. This gives me a good starting point.

Many thanks,

Phil

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

If you need any further guidance, just let me know.

- Koen